This article after that pivots to help you Kamata’s interviews with the Smash Gals, Chigusa Nagayo, 19, and you may Lioness Asuka, 21, in which they explained to him the way they were not crazy about the newest trips off northeastern Japan
- New earliest sister, unnamed, just who went a machine shop, did not wish to be part of AJW.
- Kenji, 44 at the time this article had been authored, is actually another aunt, and then he offered just like the controlling director while also running the item stay. After intermission, regardless of if, he was referee Mister Guo. Once the Guo, he had been prone to saying things like “Come on, keep your ground. Show’em, girl.” on wrestlers through the matches. He leftover a job controlling a Sony-affiliated factory first off AJW.
- Takashi, forty-eight, is actually the third sister and you can business president.
- Kunimatsu, 43, the latest next sis, is new professional movie director of one’s team, but better-known as captain referee Jimmy Kayama.
- Toshikuni, 40, the newest fifth cousin, is actually the organization director together with manager of the referees.
- A couple sisters, unnamed, were wrestlers into popular inaugural ladies wrestling tour out-of Japan into the 1954, and inserted the brothers as beginning people in the organization.
- Takashi and Kunimatsu’s wives got wrestlers, as recruitment are so dismal in early months your brothers was required to ask family to break in the while the workers.
- The latest eldest brother’s young man are married so you’re able to resigned AJW celebrity Mimi Hagiwara.
S. at the time, which is on $232,000 modified getting rising cost of living)
At that time, new AJW lineup contained 18 wrestlers, and trainees, no matter if around three were not on the tour becoming secure. The business’s complete headcount at that time is forty-five teams, including Kiyoharu Ujiie, 24, who served because each other ring announcer and you may shuttle driver. The team bus, to begin with designed for sixty people, was tailored by the Matsunagas to help you act as a much warmer vehicles getting AJW’s thirty five-people troupe. Due to the fact readers off Madusa’s previous memoir and additionally read, the latest girls do hang its hand-laundered technology or any other clothes toward screen in order to inactive.
Kunimatsu Matsunata informed Kamata that he desired to rating a different sort of shuttle, a two fold-decker, nevertheless the cost (?80 billion otherwise $333,000 You.S. during the time, which is on the $929,000 adjusted to possess rising prices) are deterring your, like versus current shuttle with put her or him right back (?20 billion otherwise $83,000 U. “[T]the guy proven fact that they could actually model toward concept of to buy an automible to own 4 times you to definitely count only shows just how common their business has-been has just,” Kamata blogged. “Kunimatsu claims offhand that the team have a collective deficit from more than ?100 billion ($417,000) Postayla gelin sipariЕџ etmenin nasД±l bir Еџey olduДџuna dair hikayeler, implying that it is perhaps not a good significannot number.”
“Trips away from secluded section eg Tohoku, it is said, are a little deflating, as admirers aren’t almost once the enthusiastic as in brand new big city,” the guy published. “All the visitors is actually center-aged or seniors and a form of pall seems to dangle over this new halls in their matches this kind of areas. And, they let me know, he’s got wounds and wish to return to Tokyo to possess cures.”
(Go check out the initial article for it.) According to Kamata’s interviews with Nagayo, she had been paid down approximately ?three hundred,000 otherwise $1,250 U.S. each month ($fifteen,000/year), or about $3,five-hundred modified to possess rising cost of living. Sure, purely for her wrestling pay, the absolute most more wrestler in the business was being paid down merely $42,000/season adjusted to possess rising prices inside 2023 , in the event it was not apparent by this section just how amazingly underpaid such women and girls have been.
Kamata as well as spoke to help you Jaguar Yokota, 23, and you will Devil Masami, twenty-two. “Extremely simple-verbal. Jaguar has not one of your ingratiating coyness of most Japanese female,” the guy composed. “Their particular ways to my inquiries is forthright and you can uncompromising, perhaps reflecting the fresh new care about-trust this lady has air conditioningquired immediately after hard studies since the a wrestler. She’s got started a specialist wrestler to own eight years, new longest profession of any from their associates.”